Kids Yoga Teacher Trainings
Are you passionate about working with kids? Do you want to learn an engaging and creative way to introduce children to the joys of yoga? Join us for our amazing weekend kids’ teacher training course that will impact the world!
Zooga Yoga’s Kids Teacher Trainings teaches a playful approach to kids’ yoga that fosters confidence, creativity and imagination. Our class adventures are taught specifically for kids, using age-appropriate games, music, props, animal poses and relaxation techniques.
We hire new teachers often and promote within our kids teacher trainings. We now have several Zooga locations and lots of teaching opportunities!
PEOPLE WHO HAVE BENEFITED FROM THIS TRAINING
PTs – OTs – Montessori Teachers – P.E. Teachers – Psychologists – Yoga Teachers – Dance Teachers – Speech Therapists – Parents -Grandparents – Nurses – Nannies – Babysitters – Camp Counselors – and more!
MEET OUR KIDS YOGA TEACHER TRAINERS
Upcoming Weekend Training Dates:
August 2-4 & October 4-6, 2019
Convenient Weekend Times:
Friday evening, Saturday & Sunday days (see studio for exact times)
Location: Zooga Yoga, Culver City Headquarters
Teacher Training complimentary materials: Zooga Yoga Kids’ Teacher Training Manual
Length: 3 Days | Friday evening, Saturday & Sunday all day *times may vary
|3 Day weekend course | ages 1-12||$600|
|Early Bird Special*||$525||$50 off price|
|Bring a Friend**||$525||$75 off price each|
*The Early Bird cut-off date is one month PRIOR to the scheduled training date at 12AM/MidnightPST.
**To qualify for the Bring a Friend Special BOTH friends must sign up together. Discount applies at any time.
Certification: A “Certificate of Completion” will be presented at the end of the training or be mailed to you.
- How to make yoga accessible and engaging for kids of all ages
- A pose index of over 100 yoga poses with instructions for different ages
- Fun and focused yoga games
- How to tell an educational story with yoga poses
- How to use music and props in class
- Calming and meditation techniques
- Classroom management techniques
- Group and partner poses
- Pranayama: breathing techniques for different ages
- Teaching in various environments
- Introducing kids to yogic philosophy
- Introduction to mindfulness teachings
- Developmental milestones and lecture with specialist
- Class composition: how to plan an engaging class for different ages
- Sample class outlines
- Introduction to Anatomy and keeping your students safe
- Child friendly language and appropriate pose instruction
- Demo in front of Zooga Yoga owner(s) for teacher consideration at one of the franchises
- At graduation, receives teaching certification
- Yoga Alliance continuing education certified (YACEP)
Training Registration Policies: Please read our Terms and Conditions prior to registering for a training. A minimum number of registrations must be made in order for the training/event to take place. The minimum is typically 5 students, but may vary. Refunds are not allowed, but you may apply a credit to another training.
Attention New Trainees:
- No prior experience necessary. All are welcome.
- A minimum 50% non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot.
- Advanced registration required.
- Job opportunities at all Zooga Yoga locations.
“I wanted to let you know how happy I am with the Zooga yoga training! It exceeded my expectations. The training was comprehensive, fun and engaging. Megan is a gem of a teacher & a trainer. The almost 100 page manual is impressive! It’s an invaluable resource! I am impressed that traditional yoga philosophy was woven throughout the the training. All the while peppering in fun & games for kids. To my surprise it reinforced my 200 hr TT. I am so happy I invested in the Zooga Yoga training! I’m excited to see the yoga adventures that follow.”
– Ivy, Level 1/2 Combo graduate of Zooga Yoga Kids Teacher Training
“Zooga Yoga Kids’ Teacher Training provided an in-depth understanding of just what it takes to teach a child’s yoga class. Reviewing poses, child psychology, lesson plans and creative ways to interact with your classes. Each of our sessions were taught by certified instructors with real-life experience and we even had a session with a licensed clinical psychologist. While I’m still a little nervous about teaching the little ones (just because they’re little and I haven’t done it before), I do feel confident in my techniques and the training I received from Zooga Yoga Kids Teacher Training.”
– Lauren Nicole Keys, Level 1 graduate of Zooga Yoga Kids Teacher Training
“I felt the training was extremely organized and thorough. Great balance between lecture and hands on and breaks It was such a positive and comfortable learning environment and I felt supported the whole way through.”
– Janet Song, Level 1 graduate of Zooga Yoga Teacher Training
“Coming from a left-brained career and not teaching children, I feel as if Zooga opened my eyes to a whole other side of me that can only benefit me more as a parent and future kids yoga teacher. It has reminded me to share my youthful vibrant energy more with adults and not just children.”
– Level 1 graduate of Zooga Yoga Kids Teacher Training
Adult Teacher Training:
For a great ADULT 200-hour teacher training, we recommend Tara Napoli’s Power Yoga! Click here for details!